HI FRIENDS! Holy shiz… first of all, it’s been a hot minute since I’ve even logged into this thing, let alone had the desire to blog. The excuse of ‘life’ got in the way and next thing you know, it’s been a year whoops! Welp, now that I’ll be unemployed for the next 2 months, I thought it’d be a great opportunity to reignite this creative outlet for myself… plus I don’t want my brain to turn into complete mush watching too much Netflix and scrolling through Instagram lol.
Anyway, in light of recent events and the state of the world being what it is, I think it’s safe to say we’re all freaking out a little bit… some more than others. And although the future seems more and more uncertain as the days go by, I can’t help but highlight some of the positives that have brightened my days. I mean for one, seeing individuals and communities come together to support one another, like wow… love in action! I also love seeing the ways people have been sharing and supporting local small businesses all around!
So I wanted to use this post to share some amazing small businesses you should support if you need some inspiration for your next meal! Feel free to share some of your favs in the comments below 🙂
- Sahm Gook Ji Palace– Lynnwood, Korean/Chinese; bomb jjajangmyeon and incredible prices
- Kona Kitchen– Lynnwood/Seattle, Hawaiian/Japanese; owners recently passed from COVID (husband and wife)
- Isarn kitchen– Lynnwood/Kirkland, Thai; get their Isarn fried rice!
- Yeh Yeh’s– Lynnwood, Vietnamese sandwiches
- Fork Mediterranean Grill– Mountlake Terrace, Mediterranean/Greek; bomb loaded crinkle fries
- Ono Poke– Edmonds, Hawaiian/Poke
- Chada Thai– Greenwood, Thai; get their crispy garlic chicken and ANY fried rice dish
- Banh Town– Greenwood, Vietnamese
- Brileys BBQ– Lake Forest Park/Lake City; my fav local BBQ spot!
- 2C Thai– Lake City Way, Thai
- Sisi Kay Thai Eatery and Bar– Wallingford, Thai
- Araya’s Place– Seattle/Bellevue; VEGAN Thai that doesn’t really taste vegan
- Teriyaki 1st– University District; huge portions
- Thaiger room– University District, Thai
- Chan Restaurant– Pike Place, Korean
- Carrello Restaurant– Capitol Hill, Italian
- Sugar Hill– Capitol Hill, Thai
- Tamari BAR Seattle– Capitol Hill, Japanese
- Meet Korean BBQ– Capitol Hill, Korean; never been but I’ve been dying to!!
- Saigon Vietnam Deli– International District, Vietnamese; bomb Vietnamese sandwiches
- Pho Bac Sup Shop– International District, Vietnamese; honestly, best pho in Seattle in my opinion!
- Dong Thap Noodles– International District, Vietnamese
- Tamarind Tree– International District, Vietnamese
- Kau Kau BBQ Restaurant– International District, Chinese
- Sam Choy’s poke to the Max– Columbia City/South Seattle, Hawaiian/Poke